It’s often hard to keep up with a demanding life and still find time to work out. You may be wondering what will happen if you stop doing regular workouts. This is a common question.
Unfortunately, there are negative consequences to not exercising anymore. So the answer, more accurately, becomes a matter of what you’ll be giving up if you stop exercising.
1. Loss of lean muscle mass. If you miss one workout, you probably won’t notice the difference in your muscles. However if you miss several weeks or months of workouts, then the muscles will be affected.
2. Possible weight gain. You know that exercise can help manage your weight, so stopping it can cause unpleasant surprises on the scale.
3. Decreased endurance. Your body’s endurance in both strength and aerobics will go down. You may have a harder time cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, gardening with flowers, or doing other tasks.
4. Brain function is affected in a negative way. Exercise helps increase the flow of oxygen and blood to the brain. Without it, you may have a harder time thinking clearly. You may not remember things as well or concentrate as easily.
5. Trouble sleeping. Without regular exercise, you may have more trouble sleeping because of a variety of reasons:
Exercise is essential, but it’s not easy to do it every day.Try to find ways you can incorporate fitness into your daily routines.
Otherwise, you’ll notice a variety of issues ranging from the loss of muscles to weight gain. If you can’t exercise every day, try to do it as often as possible throughout the week.