Whether you’re at the point where you need to recover from long-term unhealthy eating habits, or you just want to shed a few unwanted pounds, there’s always a healthy way to lose weight.
Especially with today’s technology, it’s very easy to get lost in the sea of information related to “quick weight loss” or “weight loss without the effort” strategies.
However, it’s important to distance yourself from the overnight solutions and, instead, focus on achieving your goals using healthy, safe techniques. Luckily, there’s a foolproof plan for achieving healthy weight loss that you can maintain for a long time.
Four Steps to Healthy Weight Loss
Follow these tips to achieve consistent, lasting weight loss in a matter of weeks:
1. Set weekly weight loss goals. You’ll likely be tempted to set some pretty aggressive weight loss goals, especially if you’re overweight. But remember that fast weight loss doesn’t always last.
- To avoid those short-term results, seek the assistance of a medical professional to determine a reasonable weight loss goal for you.
- If you’re not overweight, you can aim at losing about two pounds per week. This is sustainable weight loss based on a combination of calorie cutting and increased metabolism.
- If you’re overweight, your weekly weight loss goals could vary. When you’re overweight, you’ll most likely burn much more than two pounds per week with just basic changes in diet and exercise.
- 2. Speak with a nutritionist. Naturally, if you slash your food consumption drastically, you’ll automatically lose weight. But that doesn’t mean you’ll achieve lasting, healthy weight loss.
- It’s important to have a discussion with a nutritionist so you know how to design your menu based on your age, weight, and goals.
- If you’re affected by health conditions like hypertension, high cholesterol, or diabetes, your adjusted menu will need the input of a nutritionist or dietician. You certainly don’t want to cut consumption of foods that are effectively keeping your condition under control.
- Your age also requires certain nutritional needs which you may overlook on your own. For instance, a nutritionist will be able to tell you how to continue to get calcium without eating as much high-fat cheese.
3. Do circuit training. Hands down, the best way to achieve weight loss is through circuit training because this involves both strength training and cardiovascular workouts. Alternating between both types of workouts allows you to build fat-burning muscle and shed fat at the same time.
- If you’re the stay-at-home type, find some circuit training DVDs online and do the workouts at home. You’ll likely find circuit training to be challenging, but that’s because it’s effective.
- Most gyms have trained staff to help design a circuit training program tailored to your needs. Choose this route if you think you’ll have trouble working out at home.
4. Get help from the supporting cast. The supporting cast doesn’t consist of people. Instead, it consists of things which, when coupled with a healthy diet and consistent exercise, allow you to achieve maximum results.
- Ensure you get at least seven hours uninterrupted rest every night. Lack of sleep seriously hampers any weight loss efforts.
- Take a multivitamin that has sufficient amounts of the vitamins and minerals you need each day. That way, you’ll continue to fuel your body with the things that make you healthy.
- Have one or two anti-stress activities at your fingertips for whenever you have a rough day at work. It’s important not to allow stress to take over, because that’s the easiest way to sabotage your weight loss program!
Healthy weight loss means doing the things you know are right for your body. If you take a moment to listen to your body each day, you’ll realize when something you’ve done or eaten is having negative effects.
Listen to your body, implement this plan, and look forward to healthy weight loss in no time!